Thursday, September 22, 2011

Kristen Stewart Does W Magazine

Twilight star Kristen Stewart is featured on the cover and in the pages of the new issue of W magazine and homegirl looks COMPLETELY unrecognizable in all of her photos. Except for a few trademark poses that give K. Stew away, her look really is totally transformed. In her coverstory interview, Kristen reveals that her [...]

Last night David and I got to attend a performance of the amazing new off-Broadway show Sleep No More. For months now I’ve been hearing about this show and have been really anxious to see it. I purchased our tickets for last night’s show back in early June … because the rest of June and all of July had already sold out. I wouldn’t be surprised if you haven’t heard of Sleep No More, most of the buzz has been word of mouth … but I’m telling you right now, it’s an experience that you do NOT want to miss.




Sleep No More is a show loosely based on Shakespeare‘s MacBeth and is performed in an abandoned hotel in Chelsea called The McKittrick Hotel. The masked audience roams around the rooms on the different floors exploring the various sets all while the show’s actors perform in different parts of the hotel. Each person will experience the show differently, depending on what you decide to do. You can spend the 3 hours exploring or you can follow the actors around as they perform. David and I did a bit of both. Some of the rooms and floors were really cool, really creepy. All of the performances were stunning and powerful. The woman who played Lady MacBeth and the male lead who played MacBeth were superb. The 3 witches were also a highlight. MacBeth is my fave Shakespeare play so I was in Heaven. I will say that Sleep No More is very loosely based on The Scottish Play but the key scenes are kept intact. I can’t really explain what an amazing experience this show is. You the audience are IN the show. David was taken by a player into a locked room by himself … so we were separated for a bit. It was just really cool. I was hoping to see Sleep No More again on my next visit to NYC in December but, sadly, the show is closing at the end of September. If you get the chance you MUST MUST MUST see this show. It is unlike any theatrical experience that you have likely ever seen. AND you get to keep the creepy masks as a souvenir :D So fun!!


Tonight … David and I are seeing Rent! Rent is one of my fave musicals of all time and the brand new off-Broadway production had its official opening last night so … woo, I’m excited. Afterward, we are planning on hitting up Splash nightclub for some dancey dancey fun so … should be a great night in NYC :)




Pieter Bruegel
internet news
Dante Rossetti
internet news
Adolph Gottlieb